Shatavari translated has various meaning, to mention few,
- Curer of a hundred diseases
- Having one hundred roots
- Having one hundred husbands
Known to promote at all stages of a woman:
- Childbirth and ample lactation (flow and quantity of milk),
- Reproductive cycle, hot flashes, irritability, irregular memory and dryness during menopause.
- Uterine strength during pregnancy,
- Ovulation and fertility,
- Supporting the female system through menses,
- Beginning with the menarche (start of menses),
- Supports already balanced female hormones
Other less known benefits.
- Shatavari is the primary uterine tonic in Ayurveda.
- Natural antioxidant properties
- Healthy peristalsis of bowels
- Supportive of male reproductive system as well
How to Use?
Add one or two spoon of lactation podi/powder in warm milk and consume. Take morning and night after food.